To play the hymn tune click 189.mp3
or select other hymns, go to hymn selection
1. At even, when the sun was set, the sick, O Lord, around Thee lay;
O in what diverse pains they met! O with what joy they went away!
2. Once more 'tis eventide, and we, oppressed with various ills, draw near;
What if Thy form we cannot see? We know and feel that Thou art here.
3. O Savior Christ, our woes dispel; for some are sick, and some are sad,
and some have never loved Thee well, and some have lost the love they had.
4. O Savior Christ, Thou too art man; Thou hast been troubled, tempted, tried.
Thy kind but searching glance can scan the very wounds that shame would hide.
5. Thy touch has still its ancient power, No word from Thee can fruitless fall.
Hear in this solemn evening hour, and in Thy mercy heal us all.
Go to Literature Index Page
This URL is abcog.org/music/189words.htm